Thursday, July 29, 2010

7/28/2010

Hey Y'all!

This week was AWESOME!

This was the baptism saturday night! Lucas, Me, Giovana, and Elder Barroso

So to start off on Saturday Lucas and Giovana were baptized. It was a way cool experience. Lucas picked me to baptize him and Giovana picked my companion Elder Barroso. There were a lot of members that went to support them. They were both miracles that they were baptized! Its awesome to see how the Lord is blessing us!

Us with Giovana and her little sister

Friday night the bishop's son Ricardo was baptized. Friday was his birthday and he turned 8. Last week the family of the bishop (Dad, Mom and Brother) from American Fork, UT came into town for the baptism. So this week was way cool to able able to talk to people that are Americans that were like 5 miles away from my house last week! haha I feel so bad for them because none of them speak a lick of Portuguese... they are suffering. But its fun to be able to practice my English with them!

Just having fun!


This morning we got a phone call from the bishop. He was like "Hey Elders, what do you have planned today for your pday?" and we said "Nothing" cause we literally had nothing to do. So he invited us to his house to eat BBQ with his family for lunch and then go fishing with them! It was awesome! Pretty much the coolest thing happened... I was the only one to get a fish!!!! It happened like this... So my companion got a nibble and he started reeling in the fish but the line broke and the fish got away... My line was already out and I decided to reel it in to go to a different spot and I felt something. I was like NO way! I caught a fish and at that point my companion took a picture of me reeling it in. It was a fight cause he was way big! But when I reeled it all the way in, I discovered that it wasn't my hook that was in the fishes mouth... My hook had somehow caught on to my companions broken line and I reeled in the fish that he almost caught just 2 minutes earlier! It was soooo Crazy! I'm a PRO!
 

But I will just let all of you know that the fact that I caught a huge fish today doesn't change anything... I still hate fishing! haha its just sooo boring sitting there all day waiting for something to happen!
 
It was way fun to get to do something different today, and I hope you enjoy the pictures!!!
That's it for this week. Next Wednesday are transfers. Probably me and my companion will stay. But I'll let you guys know next week.

Thanks for everything!
Elder J.D. Schoen

1 comment:

  1. Kaelene, My name is Terri Calvert. Your son (or brother) is my son's trainer as of last Wednesday. I was just doing a search for information about Salto de Pirapora and the church and his blog came up! My son is great and I am sure that they will enjoy each other while they serve together. I will check this blog for updates and maybe pictures of Elder Calvert. I am so happy that your son sends pictures. I am anxious for lots of pictures! I got 2 on Wednesday, one with Elder Schoen.
    Thanks- Terri terricalvert@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete