Friday, December 18, 2009

12/16/09


Hey!

So This past week was great! It went by super fast and we were able to have alot ofmembers come with us to teach investigators.

Tomorrow we will have interviews with the president so that means that I get to pick up my package and letters! YES!

The mission is kicking my butt lately, ive been so tired! Seriously, every time I sit down I fall asleep. Its super bad after lunch. I think I have a sleeping desiese! haha

This saturday the ward is having a christmas activity thats at the cabin type thing! Im so excited! We are going to bring some investigators, which will be really good. Its an all day thing with games and activities and soccer! It should be super fun!

So last thursday I was taking a shower and, (well to better explain my story... here in Brazil they dont have water heaters. They use elctric shower heads. I know. What a not vey smart Idea. So the shower head is hook up to electricity and it heats the water right as its coming out.) Ok so I was taking a shower and I head a shocking noise and I looked up and the shower head had caught on fire! So I shut the shower off and the bathroom was completely filled with smoke. So bottom line is, our shower doesnt produce hot water anymore. Which normally, wouldnt be a problem, but for some reason its been unusually cold a rainy here. So we have been taking cold showers. Then two days ago I was tired of taking cold showers so I set a chair under the shower head and stood on the chair so I could try and fix the shower head. I had already shut off the power in the appartment so everything was safe, right? ...Wrong! haha I was trying to fix it and electricuted myself! oops. I fell off the chair and slammed my hand on something, im not exactly sure what, but it cut my hand. So ya, im really excited for when I get home, I dont have to deal with electric showerheads! But the whole situation is actually realy funny looking back on it! haha

Other than that, things here is São Roque are going well. Im really liking my new companion, and the ward members are awesome! This is a great place to be for Christmas!

Thanks for all the love and support!
Elder JD Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment