Saturday, March 20, 2010

3/17/2010


Hey!
So this week was good! I did a two day division in an area called Jardim das Vertentes. Its the 2nd smallest mission area in the world 2nd only to Temple Square. It was super fun and it made me appreciate my area! haha
Satuday morning the Stake President here had a breakfast and training with all the missionaries serving in the stake. (the São Paulo Stake) I found out that this stake was the first stake established in South America! Pretty cool. Everyone that lives in this stake is super rich and has many generations in the church. One of the counselors of the stake president was there and all the Brazilian missionaries were freaking out becasue he is an actor that does a ton of commercials here in Brazil! It was pretty cool. The breakfast was AMAZING! They made pancakes and waffles with suryp! It was so good, and they had mangos and kiwi and juice and a ton of different types of crissont and muffins! It was soooo good! The highlight of my week! haha

Other than that it was a pretty normal week, nothing extremely exciting happened.

Thank you for all the love and support!
Elder J.D. Schoen

( actually something interesting happened:  When we mail letters he is lucky to get them in 3 weeks, when we send a box - it takes any where from 2 months to 3 1/2 months.  I sent a box on March 1st and he got it on the 11th.  The remarkable thing is the box contained 6 videos he requested as a teaching tool.  "Reflections of Christ" by Mark Mabry http://www.reflectionsmg.com/reflections-of-christ-videos.php is the name of the video, it's just pictures set to music.  I guess Heavenly Father really needed those videos quick.  So I sent 10 more - I'll let you know if they get there just as quick.) - Kaelene

No comments:

Post a Comment