Friday, May 14, 2010

This weekend we painted the house of a member. They gave me purple paint and told me to do something creative with this wall... It turned out pretty good!
This sister missionary is almost as old as my mom! haha


Me and Elder Hayes. He got to the mission the same day as me and we were roomates in the CTM

Me and the Zone Leaders

My District at the last district meeting before transfers
Hey!


This week was super awesome! Sunday was mothers day, so I got to call home and talk with the family. It was alot easier this time. I remember when I called home during Christmas it was so hard, the rest of the day I was just extremely homesick and cried alot. But this time, it just made me happy. After the phone call I was back to normal and happy as ever!

So on the 21st of May the couple that we have been teaching, Maria and Rodinie will get married! We are so excited! So the 21st will be a friday and then on Saturday the 22nd the ward is going to have a little wedding reception thing for them and they will be baptized! Whoo!!! Pray that everything will go well and that they can be baptized!

This week we also found 2 other awesome families that are super intersted, the only problem is... They have to get married! What else is new. This is seriously the most frustrating thing ever here in Brazil. Its the culture. No one is married. People think that marrige is like selling your soul to the devil. its the hardest thing ever to get people to marry! But we will see what we can do with these families. I think that there is hope. Its just going to take a while.

Other than that things are going super well. Me and my son (elder Duarte) are going to stay together for at least 6 more weeks. But I think that this next transfers I will get transfered. But we will just have to see!

Thanks everyone for your love and support!
Elder J.D. Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment