Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/21/2010

This is a funny story. So this past week my umbrella got stollen, which was really unfortunate seeing as how it has rained EVERY day this week! haha so one night we were walking in the street completely soaked and I found this broken umbrella in the dumpster and so i grabbed it because I was tired of being completely wet! So I used it for the rest of the day... it kept me pretty dry... for the most part. But it was really funny because everyone was pointing and laughing at me as the drove by all day.


Me and my companion and other Elders waiting outside the chappel before Zone Conference

Me and Elder Galvão today during P-Day

This week was really really WET!

Yesterday, Today, and the rest of this week until Christmas we are spending one night in each of the areas in our District to go to houses of investigators and less active members to go caroling. Last night was way fun! Tonight we are going to the FAVELA! (If you don't know what that word means, look it up) {favela (Portuguese pronunciation: [faˈvɛlɐ]) is the generally used term for a shanty town in Brazil} Its an area called Cachoerinha, it should be interesting!

So you know that old man that we are teaching, the one that has a puzzle obsession, ya well today he took us out to lunch and to the center for our P-Day! It was really funny. He is such an angry old man, he is like 75, and has such a temper. He yelled at 5 different people today. haha I'm just glad that I wasn't one of them. He actually likes us alot, he bought us lunch (at a really nice restaurant) and then took us the the toy store (the equivalent of toys R us) so that we could pick out a Christmas present that he would buy us! Awesome right! haha so we got a puzzle of the last supper. I'm excited to start working on it next P-Day!

Christmas in Brazil isn't Christmas! haha is so hot, and rainy. But I'm excited that next year I will get to spend it with all of you! :)

Thanks for all the love and support!
Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment