Monday, January 24, 2011

1/24/2011

Last District Meeting Before Transfers (Elder Garner, Me, Elder Wilkinson)


Elder Pereira, Me, Elder Franco


Saying Bye to Cintia and Leandro. This is the Super Elect lady that is going to be baptized on Feb. 5th.

Hey!
So on Wednesday I was Transferred! I'm now in Sorocaba. I'm serving in the Sorocaba Stake, which is the same stake that Salto de Pirapora is part of (I was serving in Salto like 4 months ago) But there is a shortage of missionaries here in our mission so there are a couple of companionships that are taking care of two wards at the same time... and me and my new companion, Elder da Silva, are one of them! So our chapel is the stake center and there are two wards that meet there. Cerrado and Jardim Simus. Cerrado is huge! It takes almost 2 hours to walk from one side of the area to the other. And Jd. Simus isn't that big, thankfully! But its super super hectic working in two areas at the same time. Because its such a long walk from our house in Cerrado, to Jd. Simus, we are living in both areas. So our day is basically like this. We work in Cerrado one day and we sleep there, then the next day we study in the morning then walk to Jd. Simus and work there for the day and sleep there. Then the next day we study then walk to Cerrado to work there. Its really really exhausting living in two places at the same time. I had to buy another toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, deodorant, and stuff like that. Its been a really tiring couple of days. And not to mention church on Sunday! What a mess! haha We had to go to double the meeting on Sunday, and let me tell you, its exhausting setting through two sacrament meetings in a row! Oh and did I mention that at the last minute the person that was supposed to speak with the high counsel member canceled. So I had the opportunity to give a talk :) But it want really well, it was a great way for everyone in the ward get to know me really fast!

My companion is pretty cool! He is from Fortaleza. He has the same time as me on the mission. We were in the CTM together. Its pretty cool, cause I remember doing a practice with him in the CTM, when I had no idea what I was doing, but now we are companions.

Sorocaba is SOOOOO HOT! I think I might die here! It wouldn't be so bad if AC existed here!

Anyways that's about it for now!
Love you!
Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment