Monday, March 14, 2011

3/14/2011


We found a dead possum in the street.


This was Gabriel at his baptism. He was baptized by djalma (young mens president)

Hey Everyone!

This week was awesome! So many miracles happened, it will be impossible to tell all of them, but I will try to tell the best ones. So as you know, we have a goal of 40 baptism in our zone in this month of March, which the record of baptisms in the zone is 12. So this past weekend we had 4 huge miracles happened, and 4 people were able to be baptized in the Zone. There were alot of spiritual experiences and people getting answers to their prayers for these 4 miracles to happen. Including our miracle in our area, Gabriel. So he has been going to church for a month now, and he wanted to get baptized. He is 15 years old. But his mom wouldn't let him, because she felt it was too soon. But we knew that heavenly father would help her so that her son could be baptized. So after alot of praying, fasting and preparation, it got to be Friday (the day before the baptism) and Gabriel had passed the interview, the entire ward was already invited to the baptism, he had already picked out his baptism jumpsuit that he would use, but his mom still hadn't authorized the baptism. But surprisingly when we got there on Friday, we said a pray and then entered and talked to his mom one more time, but I'm don't remember what was said exactly but she changed her mind! What a miracle! So Gabriel was baptized and it was awesome!

Its amazing how much Satan trying to interfere with the work here. On Saturday morning we got a call from 3 different Elders that were all sick, 2 with Pink Eye, and on doctors orders couldn't leave the house, and the other had the flu. This was a huge problem seeing as how they all had baptisms that night. So me and my companion prayed to know what we should do. The answer came clearly. So we called everyone in the zone and asked them to start praying for these 3 Elders, and we asked for the companions of these Elders to give them a blessing of health and everyone would be cured. After calling everyone me and my companions kneeled down and started praying, during the prayer we both felt comforted like everything was going to be alright. Then about 20 minutes later I got a call from the 1st Elder, "Hey man, ummm, I'm all better!" Then the Second " Hey you will never believe this but I feel way better and my eye is back to normal, its like nothing was ever wrong with it!" Then the third "Whooo! I'm healed!!!!" It was one of the coolest experiences of the mission so far. Everyone was cured so that the work could go forward! I have such a strong testimony, that is grower stronger every day of faith. Its such a simple principle that makes ALL the difference. I'm so grateful for all the miracles that are happing and that I can be a part of all of this!

I love you all! Thanks for all the love and support!
Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment