Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hey,I'm so happy to hear that everthing is going well back at home. I miss you guys alot, but time is starting to pass by so quickly. It seems like yesterday I was writing my last email. They keep us so busy here, but I am learing the language quickly. I can already pray and bear my testimony in Portugues! And yesterday I memorized the first vision in Portugues. So i would say im learning quickly, but so is everyone else in my district. It is amazing the amount of things that can be accomplished in just two weeks. Not only have we all learned how to speak alot in Portugues, but we have learned so much about the gospel! I love it! A day hasn't gone by yet that I haven't felt the spirit so strongly!Church here is a crazy experience... So every sunday we have to have a talk prepared about a christlike attribute, and then when the sacrament is over, they randomly call up 5 or 6 people to give the talks they prepared. So we seriously dont know if we will get called untill 10 seconds before we have to speak. I guess its their way of keeping things exciting in the CTM. haha I havent had to speak yet, but my time will come. Last sunday I gave the closing prayer in Portugues.The food is ok, but it gets really old really fast! Every morning we have juice and a roll with meat and cheese on it. (I really miss coco-puffs and fruity pebbles) Then for lunch we get a huge meal of weird meat, bread, rice and beans, a salad and then some nasty jiggling dessert. My daily schedule is as follows...
630 Wake up
700 Personal Study
730 Coompanion Study
800 Breakfast (desjejum)
830 Class
1230 Lunch (almoço)
130 Class
330 Gym (we play basketball)
430 Shower
515 Dinner (janta)
615 Class
930 Plan for the next day
10 get ready for bed
1030 Try and fall asleep.
The days go by so slow, but the weeks go by fast. Its really weird. And to answer your question about the beds... well... the beds are ok.. the pillow is like a sack full of cotton balls... its very uncomfortable.Everything here costs relatively about the same as in the US, except electronics are way way more expensive here. I already exchanged all my american money into Brazilian Reals like the second day I was here.My companion has mission ties too, and his mom ordered a Norelco razor off of mission ties and he got it today. So they do have it, I would just look again. Thank you!!I can receive pictures, so i would love for you to send some from the photoshoot. Also, I heard the Brazillians love to see and hear about your family, so if you wouldnt mind mailing me a family picture, that would be great! I meant to send a picture today with my email, but I forgot my camera at the CTM, so I will try and remember to do it next week.It was good to hear about whats going on back home. I havent received your letters yet, the mail system here is super inconsistant. Some people get letters in 6 days and it takes 2 weeks for others, so I should get them soon. It was sooo nice to hear from you! I love you all sooo much! I look forward to hearing from you next week.Love, Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment