Wednesday, July 29, 2009

News from Elder Schoen

Hey!Ok so this week has been very eventful. First of all, last thursday we got Brazilian roomates. They moved two of the guys out of your room and moved in two brazilians. They are only in the CTM for 3 weeks before they get sent out to the field! It is so funny, one of them is from a really poor part of Brazil up north. He is a SPAZ! haha he is a skinny black guy that talks really fast and We cant understand anything he is saying. He might just be the most hyper person I have ever met. IT was so funny because they first night he got here we spent a half hour trying to figure out what he was asking us... He was asking how to use the washer and dryer. He had never seen one before! Im so blessed. But he gets up at 530 everyday so that he can wash the one shirt and one pair of pants that he wore the day before. He is very intereseting. The other one looks like he is like Italian or something, he is from a more well off family. He spent the past year serving the the Brazilian army because he got drafted to serve for a year. He is a really cool guy, and speaks pretty good English.On Friday they gave us eggs for breakfast! I was so excited and ate a ton of them... ... BIG MISTAKE! I spent the next 36 hours with exposive diharreah! I lost 6 pounds in that 36 hours... but then gained it back over the next two days. It was a rough weekend. Lessons learned... Dont eat the eggs!On Saturday we attempted to go 24 hours with just speaking Portuguese. We started at noon on saturday and i made it all the way untill sunday morning, when i woke up and started speking in english because I forgot.My companion and I started singing the the MTC choir. I cant sing very well, but I really enjoy it. Its a really nice opportunity to get my mind off of things and just relax. It also helps with the language because all the songs that we sing are in Portuguese.Other than that, there isnt really much to report, seeing as how we do the same thing everyday.Well I just wanted to let everyone know that Im doing well and that I love you all!Also I have decided to start leaving a little message at the end of each of my emails.
Thought for the Week:
A Fulltime Missionary- is someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others can be with their families forever.I love and miss all of you!Love,Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment