Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 25th

Hey!This week has gone by so fast! It was pretty uneventful...We Had TRC again. Which is when we teach families that come to the CTM so we can teach them. Except this time, no one came... So we just had to give a lesson to our teachers. Kinda a let down.I decided to get a haircut from the CTM barber. And it got cut kinda short. So if you get the pictures that we took at the temple this morning please post them. But ya, thats what happens when you get you hair cut at the CTM. But this week I have learned so much about the gospel! We had a bunch of deep doctrine lessons. I dont know if im more amazed at how much i learned, or how much I didnt know! It is amazing how simple the gospel is, but it is also so incredibly complex. We went to the temple today, it was really nice to go and get some questions answered and to just relax from the busy schedule. So every week for the past month only like 20 or 30 missionaries have been leaving, and we are getting 50 to 60 new ones every week. So its getting really crowded here! So now not every district gets to go to the temple every week. So we didnt get to go last week and we wont get to go next week. So it was my last time for about 3 months.There were some missionaries from the São Paulo North mission there at the temple today. It was really cool to talk to them. They said that we get to go to the temple about every three months, and there is about 6 areas in the city, and 6 that are in the “interior” (which means the countryside) So it would be way cool to get to go somewhere out of the city. The missionary that I talked to was in an area that was about 4 hours from the temple. Anyways, its just really exciteing! I cant wait to get out there! Im going crazy in this place!!!On friday we will get to go proselyting for the second time! We will be going to the downtown area! Apperently its the equivilant to Wall Street in New York City.

Oh and from now on all letters sent to me need to go to my mission home. So if you could post that address for me on the blog, that would be great! Thanks. And the missionary that I talked to said that all mail has to get sent to the mission home for your whole mission. So thats going to be my address for the next two years. I guess because the mission is so small we will just pick up our mail from the mission home whenever we are there. Which apperently is only every 3-6 weeks. Which is unfortunant. But I just want to throw this out there, for anyone who reads this... I love letters! I didnt think it would be that big of a deal, but getting actual letters in the mail is so awesome!

Each week I study in my personal studies about a Christlike attribute. This week is was patience. I came across an awesome quote from Thomas S. Monson. “Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that fequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required.”

Well I love you so much! Love,Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment