Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Im glad to hear that you guys had fun with Uncle Dave and his family. And the weather here is so random, it has been raining one or two days a week. Today was pretty chilly, it was probably like 50 when we got up, and like 65 or 70 right now, and earlier in the week it was like 80 or 85, which was actually kinda warm with the humidity, They said in the summer it will be like 90 and rain almost every day.I have loved getting your letters and the kids drawing, I especially liked the pictures you sent, I would really love to get a thing of pictures like that every once in a while in the future.

So this past week was the half way hump and the CTM. As of saturday, I had been here for exactly 1 month, pretty crazy. On saturday we had TRC, which is when member families come to the CTM and we teach them the first lesson in Portuguese. It went pretty well, when were able to say everything we needed to say, but they talk soooooo fast, so everytime we asked a question we had no idea what they were saying, so I would just smile and nod my head.Then on sunday the branch president announced all the talks, he didnt say my name, so I thought, good. Im off the hook! Then at the end of the meeting he got up and said, ''We are going to have one more Elder speak, Elder Schoen, could you please come up?'' It was pretty awesome, I didnt end up talking about any of the points that I had written down, and I actually dont remember a single thing that I said. But everyone kept saying it was a great talk. Im pretty sure the spirit was helping me out. Pretty cool.This week our Brazilian roomates left for the field. We are going to miss them. It is pretty weird, because they are only in the CTM for 3 weeks, so they got here 2 weeks after us, and we still dont leave for another 4 weeks.I was wondering if you could find out how Blake is doing, and if he has gotten his call yet. Im super excited for him!I think thats about all the news I have for this week.

For my thought for the week, I just wanted to let you, and everyone who reads this know why I am giving up 2 years of my life. Its pretty simple, its because I love the Lord. I know that God loves all his children, and that Jesus Christ is my savior, redeemer, and brother. I know that He died for each and every one of us, so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and our families for all of eternity. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and that he had a question and asked god. I know that God will answer our prayers if we will just sincerely pray to him. I know that through Joseph Smith the true church was restored on the Earth. I know that the Book fo Mormon is True, and that it is the Word of God. I know that in its pages we can find answers to our problems in life. I know that we have a prophet of God on the earth today, his name is Thomas S. Monson. I know that through God, he leads and directs his church. I know that these things are true with all of my heart. I am so excited to share is important message with the people of Brazil. This is why im here.With all my love,Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment