Thursday, August 6, 2009

Short but sweet

Sorry, this email might be kinda short, they cut down our internet time to a half hour now, and I received alot of emails so i spent alot of my time reading them.So i got that pizza party today so my companion and I were really happy to get some american food! Also i got the electric razor today. Thank you sooo much!Things that happend this past week...So a couple of days ago our brazilian roomate started crying because he was super homesick. This guy is so funny, he might have a mental disability and he is always yelling and singing. It is the funniest thing. But we absolutely love him. So it was so sad to see him in a bad mood and crying. So his companion and I, and the other three americans in our room gave him a blessing. It was so cool to be part of a blessing in portuguese. And as soon as we were done he was smiling and singing again. It was incredible. The power of the Priesthood is true. I know this whithout a doubt. I am fortunate to see it bless me life on a daily basis.Also, this past week was fast sunday, so I bore my testimony. My companion and I also blessed the sacrament... in Portuguese! ... It was AWESOME!Yesterday we spoke in Portuguese for 24 hours again. This time went alot better because we can actually speak a little bit and start to form sentences, so it was less of a quite contest.I just got done trying to place my first book of mormon with my companion. We somehow got it in our heads that we could speak well enough to try and teach people on the street. So we walked around for a about and hour trying to talk to people. We talked to one guy for about 10 minutes. He was the nicest guy ever, and actually spoke some english, but he "already had a book of mormon and is just really busy so he hasnt read it yet" but It was a great experience to try teach some people.Other than that, its the same ol same ol busy schedule. But I do love it here and I am learning so much! I love my companion and I love my District!
Thought for the Day "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care".
Love,Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment