Monday, April 12, 2010

4/7/2010

Hello!

Ok to start, I took a lot of pictures, but the computer here is being weird and its not letting me send pictures. So I will try again next week.

Today we had transfers. Elder Sales, my companion was transfered. He got transfered to São Roque. Which is where I served before this for 6 months. My new companion is named Elder Duarte. He is Brazilian and is new. Today is his first day on the mission! He is pretty cool, and is from Rio Grande do Sol. It will be a challenge with him, but he is super excited to be here serving a mission, so it will be way good! He was baptized 1 year ago, so he is still learning stuff about the church. He has a lot to learn still but he has a super strong testimony! I'm excited!

I'm still here in Vila Sônia, and things are going well. I'm super excited to have a companion that actually wants to work. I think things here in this area will start to turn around and we will start seeing success.

General Conference was super good. and Easter was awesome too! One of the members here bought us Ovos de pascoa. Its a giant chocolate easter egg, and it was soooo good!

Last night I ate Dominos! Here in São Paulo there is a Dominos Pizza and one of the members invited us over to eat with them! It was awesome!

I love the mission. It makes me love my life back at home so much. I've already said this a bunch of times. But here I see and get to help people resolve problems that I didn't even imagine existed. It is super humbling to see how incredibly blessed we are in our lives! I know this church is true! I know that God loves every one of us and knows us individually!

Thanks for all the love and support!
Elder J.D. Schoen

P.S. Tomorrow will be 9 months on the mission!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment