Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6/23/2010

Hello Family and Friends.


So I would just like to start off today telling you all about the most amazing thing thats happened to me on the mission. As am telling you this story it may not seem like that big of a thing, but to me it was! So when I got the Vila Sonia at the begining of Febuary We started teaching this Ducinei who is 24, her sister named Leda is a member and was baptized 4 years ago. At the time that Leda was being taught Ducineia was being taught too, but she was never baptized... So for the past 4 years the missionaries have been passing by there teaching her trying to baptize her. To this day I still don't know exactly why she didn't get baptized. We taught her everything and tried to figure out what the problem was and Im pretty sure that during my time teaching her I invited her to be baptized over 100 times. I was determined. So about a month ago I decided that I was going to baptize her, it didnt matter what it would take. So i started praying and fasting specifically for her that she could get baptized, I think I fasted 7 times for her and we would pray everyday that she would get baptized, but then still nothing really happened and I kinda lost hope, but we kept praying and kept inviting her. Then the miracle happened. So shortly after writing my email last week we went to her house and left a message with her and talked to her again about baptism, she said to us, look ive been thinking alot and tomorrow I want you guys to return and ill give you my answer. oh just a side note, for the past month she knew my birthday was comming up and she kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I told her I wanted her to get baptized. It would be the best present that anyone could give me... So anyways the next day (thursday) we went back and she just said to me "Elder Schoen, on sunday you are going to baptize me, happy birthday!" I almost started crying I couldnt believe it. I was just like "What did you just say!" So sunday Ducineia was baptized. It was the coolest experience of my life! I really dont think there is anything in my life that ive prayed so hard for, and Heavely Father answered our prayers. Best Birthday Ever!

This was the Biggest Miracle of my Life!!! Best Birthday present I've ever gotten and will ever get!


So that was sunday that she got baptized and then monday night we got the phone call "Elder Schoen was transfered!" So tuesday was my birthday and I spent the day saying bye to everyone. The members here are so awesome! I had 5 birthday parties! It was sweet! But i didn't think it would be so hard to say bye to everyone. I cried saying bye to everyone. I just spent the entire day crying. I didnt think i would be so attached to the people in that ward. It was so incredibly hard to leave. I feel that I did everything that God had for me to do there. I left with a happy satisfaction knowing that I did all I could do. But wow is it hard to leave the people that you grow to love so much!
 
I woke up to this cake and decorations that Elder Duarte made for me!

This was one more beautiful birthday cake!
Birthday cake from Maria and Rodinei (that couple that we married and baptized)

This was my last birthday cake of the day... number 5!!!

From left to right. Ducineia, Me holding Carol, Leda, and Cilene. Im going to miss them soo much!

Saying Goodbye
So right now im in a new area with a new companion. My area is called Salto de Pirapora. Its in the middle of no where! Its just a super small town. Its really weird going from the crazy hectic city to a super small relaxed town. But im excited for the new adventures that I will have here. Everyone says that this area is so awesome. Apearently the bishop here is american and plays the drums, Tonight we are going to his house to meet him. I have a feeling we are going to get along well! haha

My new companion is named Elder L. Barroso. He is from Minas Gerais.. he is Brazilian. He looks like an american but he is Brazilian. He kinda speaks english which is pretty cool and he is way excited to work! Im super excited I think that this new area and companion are going to be really great!

New companion, Elder L. Barroso


Well thats about it for now. Im just sitting here with feelings of sadness cause I miss the people that I had to leave behind, and excited anticipation to see what the next chapter of my mission will bring.

Elder J.D. Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment