Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20/2010

Saying goodbye to the Old Zone. This was a tribute to Elder Lew


Saying goodbye to Bishop Tyler and his family



Hey Everyone!
So I'm now here in Santana, Sao Paulo! Its crazy here! Its literally the complete opposite of where I was. So this area has like 50 billion apartment buildings, its super rich here and I love it! I've seen more BMW and Mercedes in the past 4 days than I've seen in my life! Its Nuts! Comparing this area to Vila Sonia, This area is more of the "New Money" and Vila Sonia is more of the "Old Money". The Ward here is awesome! It has an average of 100-120 people that go to church every week! This area is really big, we do alot of walking and there is always a ton of traffic! But in our area we have pretty much everything you can imagine. So I decided to make a list of awesome/random things and places they have here...

-Like at least 10 McDonalds

-A Huge Mall

-Bowling Alley

-Small Airport

-A Women's Prison

-Mexican Food Restaurant (which I'm so excited to eat at!)

-Tons of Chinese and Japanese Food

-Carrefour (The French Wal-Mart)

-Sambodromo (The place where carnival happens here in São Paulo)

-Pizza Hut

-Subway

-Burger King

And there has to be many many more things that I haven't found yet! But I'm loving it!
Also I got here on Wednesday, and there was already this older lady that was ready for baptism! Her name is Lucilene and she is like 65 or something and has knee problems, so it took the both of us to baptize her. Which was an interesting experience. We had her sit on a little stool in the water and my companion and I laid her back in the water. It was way awesome, then on Sunday I confirmed her. She is such an awesome lady! So strong!

Baptism of Lucilene


Ok so speaking of companions, my companion is named Elder Viana, he is from Baiha. He is super tall and skinny and eats so much! Its amazing! But he is such an awesome guy! He speaks English like fluently, but with a really funny accent! But we are getting along really well so far!
 
Other than that, life is really good! I'm loving being here! This area and ward is perfect for me!
 
Thanks for all the Love!
Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment