Monday, September 20, 2010

9/6/2010

Hello Everyone!!!
This past week was super tiring! Every day this week we had the leadership training in Sorocaba, so every day we woke up early and got on a packed bus to Sorocaba and then came back to Salto every night. But despite having a limited amount of time to work in our area this week, we ended up having a very productive week! One of the days after the training Elder Briggs came with us to our area to work the night with us and then sleep at our apartment! It was so fun! That was probably the last time I will get to see him because he is going home on the 15th! So unless I get transferred on the 15th I'm not going to see him again! Its crazy how fast the time goes, that he is already going home. Before I know it, its going to be me!!!

Generations, Elder Briggs came to our area for a day to do a division with us

We also found out that at the End of October Elder David A. Bednar is going to come talk to our mission! I'm so excited because he is my favorite apostle!
Our investigator Samira is super strong, she has been reading the Book of Mormon and is in 2 Nephi 9 right now, and she is going to be baptized on Saturday, everyone is super excited! Especially all the young men of the ward! haha because she is a cute girl and this ward is very lacking in young women, let alone pretty young women!
So Naiara, the 17 year old girl of the big family, that was supposed to get baptized is going to have to wait a while, a couple months ago she had a problem with the law, and so she is waiting for the court to make a decision then after the make a final verdict she can be baptized. She just cant be baptized before because if she gets baptized and then gets convicted she will have to a excommunicated. And we don't want that. But she is super strong, its been like 2 weeks since she has smoked and she is going to church every week!
We are also teaching a couple named Luis and Efginia, they have gone to church a ton of times he is just waiting to get enough money so that they can get married. He just finished the book of Mormon this past week and yesterday he finished the book "Our Legacy" he is pretty much the strongest investigator I've had on the mission so far! I'm excited for him, its just taking forever! I hate it when people have to get married!

Me and Elder Calvert at lunch this sunday. Brazilian Lasagna

Other than that things are going great! I'm loving being with Elder Calvert! He is such a stud! I've never seen someone that is such a hard worker in my life, he is going to be the best missionary ever! ... If he isn't careful he is going to be translated soon and I'm going to be left without a companion!
Thanks for all the love and support,
Elder J.D. Schoen

Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment