Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hello Family and Friends,
I can not believe that Ive already finished my second week in the field. The first week went so slow! I thought it would never end! But this past week absolutely flew!My companion is so awesome and we are getting along really well! We are seeing alot of success here and the people are awesome! They are really good at just smiling and nodding when I am talking, cause im pretty sure they dont understand anything I say! Haha but its funny cause it goes the other way too. Im really good and smiling and nodding, and knowing when to laugh and when to sigh. Its quite funny actually. I acutally find myself spacing out alot when people are talking. Its really bad. Its also really frustrating. But hopefully one day I will be able to speak Portuguese!
But other than the laguage, the mission is going great. I think im starting to get into the routine and kinda learning how things work.The food here is so good! Some of the members really know how to cook!
Things that happend this week...So one night we came home and our living room was full of water. The room is tile so it was just a giant puddle. Not like someone spilled a drink, it was like 2 or 3 gallons of water on the floor. But it is so wierd. We cant figure out how it got there. There was no water by any of the doors or walls or anything. We couldnt find a leak anywhere. Its like someone just walked in a poured a ton of water in the middle of the floor. Its definatly a mystery and its safe to say that we will never find out how it got there! haha
Yesterday we were walking down the street and a drunk guy came up to us and started talking to us. (apparently drunks love the missionaries) He asked us for some money for food, but we offered to walk with him to a food place down the road and buy him something to eat. He was so happy and so we walked with him. During the 100 yard walk to the store he managed to almost get hit by 3 cars and he was holding 2 eggs in a paper bag and he accidently dropped them and they broke. So we got to the food shop and bought him a Esfiha (which is like a meat pastery) He was so funny! But when we left he shook our hands and kissed them! It was so weird! haha but so funny!
Today we went to the towne center and bought pirated watches. I got a knock off Emporio Armani watch for only 25 reals! Which is like 15 american dollars.
It has been raining a ton here! Its pretty crazy. But while is raining its so cold and then it stops and the sun comes out and its instantly hot!
Tomorrow we have interviews with the president so I should get my package that you sent. Im really excited to have a rain jacket!!!
I think thats about everything for now!Its going great out here and I love it!
Thank you for all the love and support!
Love,Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment