Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Silence....

Well, Elder Schoen left the CTM yesterday for the Mission Home. I hope to hear from him soon. I would think the mission president would send some sort of email letting us know where his first assignment is.

I received this wonderful email from JD's CTM companion's mom:

Dear Sister Schoen,
I am the mother of Elder Andraszczyk, who served as your son's companion in the CTM. I just wanted to express my appreciation to you for your wonderful son and the great impact he had on Michael during his time in the CTM. Michael was a little overwhelmed initially with the whole culture shock and just being away from home in general. It was so comforting to hear each week as Michael talked about what a positive and uplifting companion he had and how grateful he was for him. I just wanted you to know how grateful we are to you and your family for raising such an amazing young man and for the blessing he has not only been to Michael, but to our family as well. We know Elder Schoen will continue to bless the lives of many people on his mission as well as throughout his life. I hope that Michael will have the privilege of serving with him again one day in the field. Again, we express our love and appreciation for you and your fine son and wish you all the best.
With love,
Cathy Andraszczyk

Little does she know it took a "village" to get JD where he is now. I extend my gratitude to everyone who helped raise JD to be the wonderful man that he is.

Love,
Kaelene Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment