Wednesday, September 2, 2009

last p day at CTM

Hey! Thank you so much mom. I got your letter you sent with my favorite recepies. I have a feeling it will come in handy when Im out in the field and have a really bad sweet tooth. I think I should be able to find all the ingredients I will need.
So Today is my last P-Day in the CTM. Im starting to freak out, because I only have 6 days left! Im so excited to get out of here, but Im so scared because Im not ready at all! But I dont think I will ever be ready, its just something that has to happen. Everyone says that for the first 2 months in the field you are just completely useless. So I really hope it doesnt take me that long to figure out what Im doind, because if not... Its going to be a really really long 2 months!
Today we got to do something so awesome! So as of yesterday I thought we werent going to get to go to the temple again, because they are cleaning the São Paulo temple. But they made arrangements for us to go to the Campinas temple. We just got back! It was so beautiful! The temple is about an hour and a half away. So, it turns out that the city of São Paulo does end. Haha it was so cool, cause all of the sudden the city just ended and we drove through a jungle for about 20 minutes untill we got to Campinas. It was so cool. The temple is beautfiul! Its up on a hill overlooking the city of Campinas... which is also a huge huge city. But apperantly you can see the temple from anywhere in the city. It was such a cool expereince.
On sunday our district did a musical number in sacrament meeting. We sang A Childs Prayer, which is one of my favorite songs. All the guys in my district are such good singers, so it sounded really good. The third verse where we do the round, we did the high part in portugese and the low part in English. It was crazy to do the round in two different languages. It was awesome!
On Friday we went proselyting again. They drove us into the deep of the city and dropped us off infront of the biggest Catholic churches I have ever seen. It was kinda intimidating. It was alot harder to get people to stop and talk to us this time, because everyone was in such a hurry! But we had more success with the people that were sitting down. We talked to this girl that was standing outside of a building on a break. And we were talking to here for about 5 minutes and then she said I have to go inside now, but you can come in a we can keep talking. So we went in the building and guess what the building was?? It was a school to learn enlish! Pretty funny! So we asked her if she spoke English, and of course she did! So we talked to her for a while in English and then gave here a pass along card. Then later on we talked to this guy that was working for vallet parking. It was a really cool experience. We would teach him for about 5 minutes and then he would run and park a car real quick. But everytime he told us to wait there. This happened about 4 times. But we taught him a bunch of stuff and ended up giving him a Book of Mormon. He was so excited that he put the number to call to get missionaries at your house into his cell phone! We talked to many more people and at the end of the day we passed out 2 Book of Mormons and passed out 6 pass along cards.It was alot easier this time because we were alot better at the language. We could actuall understand about 30 percent of what people were saying. It was just enough to kinda almost get the gist of what they were saying. It was nice because we could actually understand what they were saying when they were rejecting us. Instead of like last time, when we knew we were going rejected, we just didnt know what they were saying.
Im so excited to get into the field! But im scared that I will get a Brazilian Missionary that doesnt speak a lick of english and is a complete slacker. This is a complete possibility seeing as how I got the best companion ever during the CTM, so its only fair now that I get a bad companion. But I can only hope that I dont end up getting shafted.So the next email you get from me, I will be in the field. Im so excited to find out where I will go. I will keep you updated tho. I heard that our P-Days will be on Wednesdays in the field too. So hopefully I will get to send na email next week. But if not, dont worry... I probably wont be dead. I probably just didnt get a chance to email.
Thank you everyone for you love a support! I love you Family!Love,Elder Schoen

1 comment:

  1. Your going to do awesome Big J.! Have fun and beat the heck out of 'em!! Remember, if you aren't having fun, you are doing it all wrong!
    Love,
    Dave, Becky, and Mia

    ReplyDelete