Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hey!Ok, so i dont even know where to start! Its been crazy!This past week in the CTM was pretty relaxed, we just reviewed stuff.Yesterday, at 10:00 we left the CTM and went to the mission home. It is right next to the São Paulo Temple... so its about a 30 min drive from the CTM. When we arrrived we dropped off our bags and then went to the Presidents house, which was about 10 minutes away. He lives in a really tall building of condos. We had so many people coming to the mission from the CTM that he had to reserve a banquate hall at the bottom of the building. There were 19 new missionaries. It was my district of 12 elders, and a brazilian district of 7. So we met the president and had a training, then we ate lunch... Which was sooo good! and i was like "holy cow! This is so good!" and the AP said "IF you think this is good, then you are in for a treat." Appearently the members take really good care of us. So I will probably get fat. But i hope not! Then we had more traning while the president pulled each of us aside to talk to us. President Cooley and his wife are so awesome! They are from Mesa, AZ. He is really really wealthy. So all the land next to the ASU east campus is his. He used to be a farmer. But he is develpíng it into something called Cooley Station. But anyways. He is way nice. Then we got to go up into his house really quick to check it out and take a picture with him and his wife. After that we went back to the mission home were we teamed up with either a sectretary, AP, or Zone Leader and we went on splits. But because there was so many of us it was in groups of 4. 3 Elders that had no idea what was going on (I was one of those) and then 1 Elder that was an AP, ZL, or Secratary. So we went to this ladies house and taught her. It was so neat! I cant believe the situations that people live in tho! Its insane. Everyone living back in America... Count your many blessings! But we taught her about apostacy and why we needed the restoration. Then we proselyted for a while and then at 9 we returned to the mission home. There we had 20 pizzas waiting for us. It was awesome. Then we had 19 people trying to sleep in a room the size of our living room, just stuffed with bunk beds. Lets just say, it wasnt the best sleep ive ever gotten.We woke up this morning and threw on some clothes and ate some breakfast. There was so many people that I didnt get to take a shower. Then we went to the chappel where we had transfers. They called my name and my new companions name and we both stood up. He was american! So that relieved alot of stress. But I still wanted to find our where in the world I was going. Once the meeting was over, my new companion explaned to me where our area is. In the countryside!!! I was ecstatic! So we got on a bus. We drove 2 hours to this one city, that I cant remember the name of, Then we waited there for 30 minutes to catch another bus. We rode that bus for 45 minutes and then we arrived in our area. Its called São Roque (pronounced: São Hockey) It is the coolest place ever!!! Its beautiful! I lucked out. The presidents wife said that my new area is her favorite place in the whole mission, because it is so beautiful. I will try and send some pictures, so hopefully it works.So we arrived at our apartment, my copmpanion said it was nice. I was shocked. If this is nice, I dont want to see what the unnice missionary housing looks like. But, we have a washer! We are one of the only houses in the mission that have a washer! Pretty exciting! Something weird, is that you are not aloud to flush toilet paper down the toilet. So you just have to wipe and then throw it in the trash! haha! I am most definantly in a different country now! Its so awesome! Im at an internet cafe right now, and after this we are going to go teach some families and my companion, Elder Briggs, is going to introduce me to a couple families in the ward. Im excited! My companion seems really cool. I only met him a couple of hours ago. But I like him. He is from Seattle Washington, and has been our for 1 year. He has been in this area for 4 and a half months now. He is the district leader. He is a good guy and I think we will be able to have some success. The only thing is... Our mission is the lowest baptising mission in all of Brazil. (But we have the highest retention rate) My companion has been out for a year and has 6 baptisms. So I guess the average is about 15 during the entire mission. Im going to change that.The town is way cool. Its really green and its litterally a jungle on the outskirts of the town. I guess they have some crazy spinders here. So if I get the chance I will take a pícture and send it.I think I will be happy in this area, they said generally you are in an area for 3-6 months.When I was at the mission home they had the envelope that you sent with all the talks. Thank you so much. I enjoyed the letters. Ryans story about football is really funny. I liked it! Tell Ryan I say Happy Birthday!So I hope the package you sent should get here soonly. I think the next time i will get to recieve mail from the mission home is in like 2 and a half weeks. So hopefully i will get it then. Because it is starting to Rain...Alot!If you wouldn´t mind sending a package asap. Apearlently anti-persperant deorderant doesnt exist in Brazil. and the stuff im having to use now does not work at all. haha so, for the sake of everyone I come in contact with, some good deorderant is much needed. Just some white stick, anti-persirant Old spice would be awesome! and Alot of it. Thank you so much!just being here for 2 hours I realized that I cant speak portugues! haha but I will figure it our sooner or later.Some of the mission rules-We can recieve emails from family and friends, but we are only aloud to respond to Family. (mom, dad, and brothers, and sisters.) sorry everyone, but if you email me, I will be able to send a letter. Just make sure you let me know your address. This will be the best way to communicate the fastest.... But letters are still awesome!-We can listen to MoTab, EFY, and Classical music Thats pretty much the only things that are different.I love you so much! and Thank you everyone for your suppport!Love, Elder Schoen

No comments:

Post a Comment